ROYALTON FIRST BAPTIST CHURCH (History)
(Information taken from the 1993 Round-Up Booklet.)

The Royalton First Baptist Church was organized in Royalton City Hall in 1921 with a revival. The church building was built on Fairdale Avenue in 1922. There were 14 Charter members. The church building was built by the men of the church with J. W. Unger as the Contractor. The church house was a one story building above ground. All activities met in different sections of the building with no partitions. During the early years of the church, the town of Royalton was quite large possibly population of 4,000 residents and attendance at the church was 100 to 150 each Sunday. Full time pastors were hired until 1929, when the depression came. In 1961, during the pastorate of Rev. Al Fasol, a basement was put under the church building. Under Rev. A. G. Rednour's ministry, the basement and nursery was completed. After Rev. Rednour's death, Rev.
Jim Ebbs became pastor July 21, 1968. On October 2, 1973, members voted unanimously to have a new building built West of Royalton on ground donated by Mr. & Mrs. Gene Diuguid. The new church building was designed by Jim Naas Construction of Carbondale. Construction began in October, 1975. After the outside walls and roof of the building was completed, the members of the church finished the building. The first service was held on Sunday, November 6, 1977: Dedication services were held April 19, 1978. The Cross was put to the front of the building April 18, 1981. In March, 1982, Trustees presented plans for a new fellowship hall and Sunday School building to be built east of the Sanctuary. The building was 95% completed in December 1984, and completed in June 1985. In June, 1985,Pastor Jim Ebbs resigned as school teacher at Carbondale Community High School to become full time pastor. Bro. Jim and Betty bought a house in Royalton on Mannering Street and moved to Royalton in August, 1986. Additions to the Sanctuary building in 1988 were: A steeple to the roof; a Carillion music bell chime systems added in May; a new bus purchased in August of 1988; a celebration was held July 31, 1988, honoring Bro. Jim Ebbs on being pastor for 20 years. In September, 1990, a church sign was donated to the church. Mr. & Mrs. Bill Keeney made and donated the sign. The sign was put in the ground and dedication of the sign was held Sept. 21st. Thru all the years, God has blessed His Church, and we give Him all the Praise and Thanks!

(Information taken from the 1993 Round-Up Booklet.)